The NUS Registrar's Office administers academic matters including student records, degrees and curriculum, examinations, and student discipline. We have listed below a list of common questions received from alumni.
- Degree Scroll
- Degree Verification
- Academic Transcript
- Verification of a Finance Major/Specialisation
1. Is it possible for me to obtain a replacement degree scroll if I have lost the original, or if the original has been somehow damaged?
2. I am applying for further studies in another school, and as part of the application process, they would need to verify my academic qualifications from NUS. What information can I provide them?
To assist employers, staff of other higher learning institutions or members of the public verify claims to academic qualifications conferred by National University of Singapore (NUS), the NUS Registrar Office provides an Online Degree Verification Portal.
To use this online service, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Alumnus' full name
- NRIC or Passport number
- Date of Birth (DOB)
Access the Online Degree Verification Portal here.
3. I am applying for training sponsorship from my employer and need to submit a detailed official academic transcript. How can I obtain it?
The Academic Transcript is a student's complete and permanent academic report. A complimentary copy is issued together with the degree scroll on successful completion of the NUS degree requirement. However, you may request online for additional copies with applicable fees charged.
Official Transcripts are prepared by the Registrar and have the University seal imprinted on it. They are typically accepted for any official transactions such as proof of a degree or applications for admissions to academic programmes or employment. You can obtain it via the NUS Online Transcript Application Portal.
Please read the IMPORTANT information here before you proceed to apply online.
Access the Online Transcript Application Portal here
Verification of a Finance Major/Specialisation
4. As my work involves securities and trading, my employer need me to submit an official academic document as proof of the Finance major/specialization I obtained with my NUS degree. How can I obtain such a document?
If you graduated in 1998 or later,
If you graduated in 1997 or earlier,
If you have lost your Academic Transcript, you may request online for an Official copy. Please refer to above section under "Academic Transcript".